A greener campus

We follow and promote the principles of one planet living;
  • minimising our use of non-renewable and scarce natural resources,
  • planning, investing and involving our staff, students and communities in sustainable practices, and
  • providing an education in sustainability relevant to a world threatened by climate change.
Find out more

Right to Rent

From 1st February 2016, all private landlords in England will have to make right to rent checks. This is to ensure that you only let to people who have a right to be in the UK

You will need to make a “right to rent” check if you:

  • Are a private landlord, have a lodger, are sub-letting a property or are an agent appointed by a landlord to make right to rent checks.

Essentially, this means that you are required to check documents to show anyone you offer a tenancy/licence to that they have a right to be in the UK.

“Acceptable” documents include:

UK passport

A passport or national id card showing that the holder is a national of the EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland 

A biometric immigration document

Current immigration status document


A full list of acceptable documents can be found on the attached link.