Staff Festival 2017
A different venue and a brand new format, join us for this year’s rejuvenated Staff Life Festival
Wednesday 21 June 2017.
11am to 2pm,
Penryn Campus Sports Centre.
Activities, stalls and special offers for your health and happiness.
Drop in to the Sports Hall to enjoy our two themed areas:
One half of the hall will be decorated summer fete-style and we need your input! Get baking, taking and making for our three competitive stalls:
Bake Off - enter your signature dish under one of the categories; cake, biscuit, tray bake or tartlet (*these will not be returned, please see note below).
Photography - enter your best shot under one of the categories; landscape, seascape, people or abstract.
Craft - enter your handmade creation under one of the categories; knitted/crocheted, fabric, ceramics or artwork.
The entries will be judged by our expert panel, with fabulous prizes for first place in each category. More details about how to enter, the deadline for entries etc. will be sent out nearer the time.
- We will also be running a tea shop so come and enjoy a free cup of tea or coffee and *entries in the bake off competition will be served alongside.
- We will also be offering free smoothies from the new smoothie bar on campus.
- For those concerned about their waistline you will be able to work off the calories on the bouncy castle!
- With much more besides, this part of the event will deliver the feel-good factor!
The other part of the event will focus on health and wellbeing.
- Take our health MOT and get your blood pressure measured, an eye test or hearing check.
- Book in for a massage or find out more about achieving a healthy workplace.
- Walks in the campus grounds to enjoy over lunch time and join in exercise taster sessions.
- Sophie will also be selling her tasty, sugar-free brownies and millionaire’s shortbread and homemade soup.
With freebies, music and much more, this year’s Staff Life Festival is not to be missed. Put the date in your calendar and we look forward to seeing you there.
If you have any suggestions for activities, please get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org
And check out the information below for more opportunities to enhance your Staff Life!
'Staff Life' is for all staff across Falmouth University (Falmouth), the University of Exeter (UoE), Falmouth and Exeter Students' Union (FXU) and Falmouth Exeter Plus (FX Plus) across our Falmouth, Penryn and Truro campuses.
Whether you are interested in organising, hosting or just taking part – please get involved – this is your Staff Life!
The goal of the Staff Life web pages is to provide a single central information point for staff showing opportunities to get involved around our day to day work. Whether that is taking part in a sport, joining a knitting circle, doing a mindfulness course, learning about social media or attending a craft fayre on campus, we hope there is something of interest for you.
Staff Life is here to promote health and wellbeing lifestyle choices and raise awareness of health and wellbeing related services, facilities and support available locally and on campus.
Check out our Events Calendar to see what staff events are on during the year.
Falmouth and Exeter Students' Union run over 100 clubs and societies which are also available for staff to join - http://www.fxu.org.uk/sport_soc/socs/
- FXU coordinate a large number of volunteering activities for local and national organisations - http://www.fxu.org.uk/volunteering_rag/giveitagovolunteering/
The University of Exeter has a number of activities open to all staff - The UoE Staff Association
Falmouth University events can be found on the Falmouth University website
Training and Development opportunities can be found at:
- FX Plus staff view the 'StaffPlus' pages on the FX Plus intranet
- Falmouth staff view the Staff Development team web pages
- University of Exeter staff view the UoE staff development pages
The Chaplaincy is available to serve the pastoral and spiritual needs of students and staff at both Falmouth and Penryn campuses - http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/study/student-support-services/multi-faith-chaplaincy
If you are interested in contributing to the Staff Life pages or if you are already running an activity that you would like to be posted on the Events Calendar, please get in touch with one of the following: