Welcome to IT Services!
If you have just arrived you may have lots of questions and queries which you'll need answering. We're here to help you with any query you might have. The Service Desk will be your first port of call for anything related to IT and our team of friendly staff will be happy to assist you as best we can.
Just some of the things we can help you with include:
- Email accounts
- Device compatibility i.e. smart phones and tablets
- Laptop problems Printing and photocopying
- Software requirements
- Wifi systems across the campuses
Whatever the issue is just come and ask our friendly team.
When you arrive:
It is worth going through the checklist below to make sure you have everything you need to get started:
- Have you enrolled? -This will normally be completed before you arrive on campus. If you are unsure whether you've completed your enrolment and you're a student at Falmouth University you'll need to contact Student Records in the first instance - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're a University of Exeter student, please contact the Exeter helpdesk on SID@exeter.ac.uk or 0300 555 0444.
- Have you completed your IT Registration? - This follows straight after the enrolment process so if you've completed your enrolment it's likely you've completed your IT registration. If you're unsure please contact the Service Desk - email@example.com or 01326 213822.
- Have you viewed our helpful online IT induction video? - If not, you can view it here
- Have you connected your internet in Halls of Residence? - Please refer to the WI-FI section of this website under IT student support for all the information you need to connect in either Glasney or Tuke House.
- Have you accessed your student email? - Please refer to the Email section of this website under IT student support for all the information you need to access your student email.
- University of Exeter student? - Lots of helpful information can be found on the new students section of the Exeter website.
For any questions you may have or if you would just like to meet us and say hello, you can visit us in person, call us or email us with your query.
How you can reach us…
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01326 213822 (ext: 3822)
Level 1, LRC, Daphne Du Maurier Building
- The main LRC IT Suite is open 24/7
Support is available:
- Monday – Friday 8.45am – 9.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10.00am – 6.00pm
- The IT Suite is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 8.00pm
- weekends, 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Support available between 8.45am – 9.00pm Mon – Fri and 10.00am – 6.00pm Sat & Sun
- The IT Suites are open Monday – Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm
- Saturday's 10.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday's 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Phone support only between 5.15pm – 9.00pm Mon – Fri and weekends
- The IT Suite is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (Phone support only)
Services available for you
IT Services offer various services and facilities for students. Some of which are listed below.
Loan Laptop Service
IT Services have a selection of Windows laptops and MacBook Pro's available for loan. Laptops can be booked out online using Connect 2 or contact the Service Desk for more information.
Laptop Clinic Service
We hold regular laptop clinics at Falmouth and Penryn campuses and will do our best to resolve software related issues on your personal equipment. Booking is essential! Please contact the Service Desk to make an appointment or for more information.
You can print to any IT Suite printer from any of the Macs or PC's in the suites in colour or black and white. However, you’ll need to buy print credits first! You can buy print credits online using the payment portal or by using one of the print top up machines around campus.
With our ‘FIND ME’ printing facility, you can print now and collect later from any of the Konica photocopier / printers in the suites. When you are ready to print, just select the FIND ME printer from the printer list and then when you are ready to collect your print outs swipe your ID card on a Konica printer.
It is also possible to print directly from your own computer using the WebPrint facility.
For further information including details of the reprographics, please visit the printing tab under the IT area of this website or contact the Service Desk.
To support you in your studies you will have access to a variety of software in the IT Suites across both campuses. Pop into the Service Desk to find out what's available.
Help is at hand!
We have a range of information leaflets available on paper or online to guide you through the most frequent issues we find new users facing. Why not come and meet our friendly team in person and find out how we can help.
Optional IT Inductions are scheduled into your timetable these are half hour long sessions. Our friendly IT Services staff will provide you with the information you need to get started. We will be on hand to answer any query or concern you may have. Please contact The Service Desk to find out more info on the inductions, or drop in to one of the sessions.
Download one of our helpful guides at the bottom of this page. It's also worth taking a look at the other areas on this website, we have information on your email account, WI-FI, Laptop loans and Laptop clinics to name but a few. If there's anything we've not covered please do not hesitate to contact the Service Desk team who will be able to assist with your query.
Again, we'd like to offer you a warm welcome and hope that you enjoy your time studying here.