FX Plus is working in partnership with Devon and Cornwall Police to ensure the security of students and staff bicycles. An initiative will be rolled out in the very near future where all students and staff will have the opportunity to have the personal cycles marked with security provided by BikeRegister.
BikeRegister is the UK’s leading online bicycle identification and registration initiative aiming to reduce cycle theft, identify stolen bikes and assist in owner recovery. It is the preferred marking product of the Met Police's Cycle Task Force and is currently being used by every UK Police Force.
The cost to the students and staff will be zero as the University and the Police will be picking up the bill.
This kit holds the Police Approved 'Secured By Design' badge and consists of:
1. Permanent, visible etched mark on the frame of the bike
2. A BikeRegister warning label
3. Lifetime registration on our Police Approved database
4. A logbook printed off for the owner’s account on BikeRegister website
5. A secure online account where owners can amend bike or address details
If you would like further information, please email John Dukes John.Dukes@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk