The Wellbeing team within Student Services is here to help students get the most out of their time at University. Health and wellbeing are crucial for effective study as well as for a fulfilling student experience, but staying well in body and mind isn’t always easy at University.
Our Wellbeing Service offers two main types of support, counselling and mental health.
Our Counsellors offer confidential support for students experiencing difficulties with their psychological or emotional wellbeing. Our Counsellors are qualified practitioners who aim to help you cope more effectively with any personal and/or emotional difficulties that may arise during your time at University.
Our Mental Health team provide expert advice and support on a range of mental health difficulties. Team members are registered mental health professionals, who can help students to consider their needs and support options, and provide advice and guidance to students with mental health difficulties. With consent, staff can liaise with others such as GPs, NHS mental health professionals, and members of staff within the University to ensure appropriate support is in place.
Is Wellbeing right for me?
Take our simple 2 minute Wellbeing Self Assessment
We would advise getting in touch with us to discuss support if:
• You have a mental health difficulty that has lasted for a year or is likely to last for a year (e.g. anxiety disorders such as panic, social anxiety, and obsessive compulsive disorder; eating difficulties; depression; bipolar disorder; personality disorders; psychoses).
• You have a mental health difficulty and are taking prescribed medication.
• You are experiencing difficulties with your psychological or emotional wellbeing which is impacting your ability to study and cope at University.
How do I get in touch with the Wellbeing Service?
In order to access Wellbeing support we ask all students to complete a secure, confidential form to allow us to assess your needs. Please visit Compass Online and follow the instructions below to access the Wellbeing Appointment Form.
1. Use your university username and password to login to the Compass Online portal.
2. Select ‘Log New Enquiries’ under the Enquiries section of the menu on the left of the screen.
3. Select ‘Wellbeing Appointment Form’ from the category menu (you can use the filter to narrow your search).
4. Complete the form with as much detail as possible and click send.
Please note that the more information you provide, the better we can identify the most appropriate support.
Wellbeing Appointment Form
Once you have submitted this, a member of our team will be in touch within three* working days to discuss options for your support, based on your current concerns. *Please note that this may longer at peak times.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01326 370460.
If your concerns need more immediate attention, go to: Need Help Now.