Top tips to help you help us be more sustainable on campus.
Did you know? …..
- We have a comprehensive A - Z of Recycling on our campuses (updated in 2019). For instance, unwanted CDs, books and clothes can all be donated to the British Heart Foundation. There are collection bins at Penryn and Falmouth campuses. For more detail of what you can and can’t recycle, reuse and donate, click here.
- Just one recycled aluminium can save enough energy to run a TV set for three hours.
- We sell re-uasable hot drinks cups at all our catering outlets at Falmouth and Penryn campuses. We add a 20p charge if you choose a disposable cup and this money is put aside for sustainability initiatives. There are also options to ‘drink in’ and use china cups and mugs or to bring your own hot drink container.
- We have drinking fountains dotted around our campuses – refill your water bottles anytime.
- The Shop at Penryn Campus sells loose fruit and veg if you want to help sustainability by cutting down on disposable packaging. Bring your own bag. An Un-Rap area is also being developed for the Shop for September 2019.
- Want to print sustainably? Our Reprographics team offers a variety of sustainable options. The most commonly used Reprographics laser printing papers (also used in printers in the the IT Suite and Library) are all FSC certified and CO2 neutral. The team also stocks a 75% part recycled paper called Evolution Value – which unlike many recycled papers is produced without chlorine bleaching – and a 100% recycled ‘newsprint’ paper (for printing in the Repro office only).
- Unwanted clothing and other items in your accommodation? Take it to the BHF Pack for Good containers at Falmouth or Penryn campuses and help Heart Research.
- Got an idea about how we can become more sustainable? Email email@example.com