The Stannary Restaurant (also known as the Lower Stannary) follows the principle of fresh ingredients prepared and cooked as close to service as possible. It opens at 7.50am and closes at 2.30pm, Fairtrade tea, coffee and snacks are available throughout the day.
Breakfast is served from 7.50am until 10.30am. There is a choice of hot items including local award winning Cornish Gold sausages and Cornish free range eggs or natural yoghurt and fresh fruit, and in the autumn term porridge and dried fruit is available.
From 10.30am hot Cornish pasties are ready for sale delivered fresh from the local supplier.
Lunch is available from 11.15am until 2pm. There is a wide choice of meals available including:
- Soup made fresh on the premises daily.
- Self service salad bar with a choice of two sizes of salad box. The Salad Bar is made fresh every day using rapeseed oil in dressings for its health benefits. A minimum of five compound salads are available during term time complemented by standard salad items such sliced tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, boiled egg etc. A fruit salad is available as are yoghurt pots with muesli toppings.
- Vegetables served on both the International and the Hot Choice food counters. One of our vegetable suppliers is the local Treluswell Farm.
- The Jacket Potato counter has sweet & standard baked potatoes with a choice of three hot fillings, two of which are vegetarian. A range of cold fillings are also available.
- Chips, beef burgers, veggie burgers and chicken burgers are available every day during term. The beef burgers are from a local butcher in Helston.
- The International Counter is available through term time. The theme changes weekly following either country themes e.g. Mexico, Italy, Middle East, or national days such as St Pirans Day, or particular foods e.g. fish week, game week.
- Our Hot Choice counter carries more home comfort food from pies and lasagne to a roast dinner with all the trimmings
- Sandwiches, rolls and wraps are delivered daily by our local sandwich supplier.