Falmouth University and the University of Exeter are investing in shared spaces at Penryn Campus to ensure that all campus users continue to benefit from world class facilities.
Future Spaces (formerly Campus 2020) is the result of extensive consultation with campus users and will transform the heart of Penryn Campus, creating high quality, flexible learning spaces and vibrant social environments. The work will create new, accessible learning spaces within Daphne Du Maurier and a vibrant new environment for the Stannary.
Key updates this week are:
- Activity on both Future Spaces sites (Stannary and the Courtyard) means noise both internal and external - although the major digging, cutting and excavating work is now done. This may also include noise in the Lower Stannary and Bar, parts of Daphne Du Maurier (DDuM) and some areas of the Library.
- Temporary hoarding will appear at various times between now and Christmas near the entrance at the top of the Exchange. Access to the Exchange will be unaffected.
- Foundation pouring work has begun on the Social Space construction site and the large metal frame has been erected at the Academic Space sight (The Courtyard - old 'bridge' under the DDuM corridor) where accessible learning space is being created.
- The Penryn Campus Compass Desk is now with Library enquiries will open in the Library, Level 1, providing a single place for all student support and Library-related enquiries.
- If anyone has any issues or questions please email email@example.com
A reminder of previous updates:
There is no access underneath the DDuM ‘bridge’ to the Courtyard. This access will remain closed until the work is complete – sometime in 2020.
The post box has now been moved to Car Park B near the bike shelters and security/information/post building and is back in use.
The zone near the Lower Stannary is now strictly no parking. It is being kept free for construction site access and deliveries.
The ATM is only accessible from within the Daphne Du Maurier (DDuM) building. Please note there's a lift next to the cashpoint for accessibility and the Penryn Campus Shop also offers cashback.
Please remember to allow for extra time to get to certain areas.
Click here for a suggested accessible route from the Stella Turk/AIR side of campus to the Falmouth Business School/Sports Centre side. NB the door to FTI/Falmouth Business School is not yet push button operated but we hope this work will be complete by the end of October (2019).
We are working closely with academics and other building users who will be most affected by the noise and disruption and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Click here (below) for a trip through the new social study space:
Click here (below) to have a stroll through the new academic area:
If you have any queries or would like further information at any point please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of FAQs which follows consultation with students, click here.
For the history of Future Spaces see documents below.