Falmouth University and the University of Exeter are investing in shared spaces at Penryn Campus to ensure that all campus users continue to benefit from world class facilities.
Future Spaces (formerly Campus 2020) is the result of extensive consultation with campus users and will transform the heart of Penryn Campus, creating high quality, flexible learning spaces and vibrant social environments. The work will create new, accessible learning spaces within Daphne Du Maurier and a vibrant new environment for the Stannary. including direct access from the Stannary Bar to the Library.
Key updates this week are:
• Future Spaces Academic and Social Building works have paused during the Universities’ Graduation period, from 16-23 July inclusive. All other works will continue (for instance the Library, Upper Stannary and Compass areas).
• On 24 July, from 7am, expect both sites to be busy with deliveries and site activity. There will be a lot of noise from 24 July on both Future Spaces sites (Academic and Social).
• Most of the main hoardings with signage and artwork have been installed, with final sections going up over the next couple of weeks – along with the Midas site cabin.
Reminders of previous updates:
• The post box is currently blocked off. As a temporary arrangement any post can be dropped at the new, Information and Post building in Car Park B (or Glasney Lodge out of hours) where it will be collected by the Royal Mail at the usual pick up times. The post box will soon be moved near Car Park B, under the bicycle shelters.
• There is now no access underneath the DDuM ‘bridge’ to the Courtyard. This access will remain closed until the work is complete – sometime in 2020.
• The zone near the Lower Stannary and Village Green is now strictly no parking. It is being kept free for construction site access and deliveries.
• The ATM is now only accessible from within the Daphne Du Maurier (DDuM) building. Please note there's a lift next to the cashpoint for accessibility and the Penryn Campus Shop also offers cashback.
• The Upper Stannary is now closed. The bar/coffee service has moved downstairs to the Deli and is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday through the Summer.
• The Compass has moved to the Ground Floor of the Student Services Annexe (Tremough House extension), in room G3. The desk is manned weekdays from 10am to 4pm. Once work is complete the new home for the Penryn Campus Compass will be Library reception.
Please remember to allow for extra time to get to certain areas.
We are working closely with academics and other building users who will be most affected by the noise and disruption and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Click here for images of the proposed spaces.
Click here (below) for a trip through the new social study space:
Click here (below) to have a stroll through the new academic area:
If you have any queries or would like further information at any point please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of FAQs which follows consultation with students (and will be regularly updated), click here.
For the history of Future Spaces see documents below.