Falmouth University and the University of Exeter are investing in shared spaces at Penryn Campus to ensure that all campus users continue to benefit from world class facilities.
Future Spaces (formerly Campus 2020) is the result of extensive consultation with campus users and will transform the heart of Penryn Campus, creating high quality, flexible learning spaces and vibrant social environments. The work will create new, accessible learning spaces within Daphne Du Maurier and a vibrant new environment for the Stannary. including direct access from the Stannary Bar to the Library.
Key updates this week are:
- We would like to emphasise to everyone that the activity on both Future Spaces sites (Stannary and the Courtyard) means a lot of noise both internal and external. This also includes noise in the Lower Stannary, parts of Daphne Du Maurier (DDuM) and some areas of the Library.
- The Penryn Campus Compass Desk is temporarily in the Social Street and open 10am – 4pm. From Monday 16 September, the brand new helpdesk for both Penryn Campus Compass and Library enquiries will open in the Library, Level 1. The new help desk will provide a single place for all student support and Library-related enquiries.
- If anyone has any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder of previous updates:
• There is no access underneath the DDuM ‘bridge’ to the Courtyard. This access will remain closed until the work is complete – sometime in 2020.
- The post box has now been moved to Car Park B near the bike shelters and security/information/post building and is back in use.
• The zone near the Lower Stannary is now strictly no parking. It is being kept free for construction site access and deliveries.
• The ATM is only accessible from within the Daphne Du Maurier (DDuM) building. Please note there's a lift next to the cashpoint for accessibility and the Penryn Campus Shop also offers cashback.
• The Upper Stannary is closed. The bar/coffee service has moved downstairs to the Deli and is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday through the summer.
Please remember to allow for extra time to get to certain areas.
Click here for a suggested accessible route from the Stella Turk/AIR side of campus to the Falmouth Business School/Sports Centre side. NB the door to FTI/Falmouth Business School is not yet push button operated but we hope this work will be complete by the end of September (2019).
We are working closely with academics and other building users who will be most affected by the noise and disruption and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Click here for images of the proposed spaces.
Click here (below) for a trip through the new social study space:
Click here (below) to have a stroll through the new academic area:
If you have any queries or would like further information at any point please email email@example.com
For a list of FAQs which follows consultation with students, click here.
For the history of Future Spaces see documents below.