Falmouth University and the University of Exeter are investing in shared spaces at Penryn Campus to ensure that all campus users continue to benefit from world class facilities.
Future Spaces (formerly Campus 2020) is the result of extensive consultation with campus users and will transform the heart of Penryn Campus, creating high quality, flexible learning spaces and vibrant social environments. The work will create new, accessible learning spaces within Daphne Du Maurier and a vibrant new environment for the Stannary.
The latest key updates are:
- A new canopy will be fixed to the link in the Future Spaces academic space from Tuesday, 21 January. There will be a temporary barrier erected to protect the area outside the top doors to the Exchange building. There will also be noise while the roofing sheets are fixed to the frame. This work is expected to be complete by Tuesday, 4 February.
Here's a summary of work to come in early 2020 - all Cornwall weather dependent:
Academic building (DDuM near The Courtyard):
• Continuation of windows and curtain walling.
• Brick plinth (materials all on site). Potential noise from cement mixer.
• Starting internal partitions within central corridor area.
Social building (Stannary extension):
• Continuation of concrete frame.
• Groundworks to install new drainage.
• Deliveries of sub-base material – this means increased vehicle movements.
- If anyone has any issues or questions please email email@example.com
A reminder of previous updates:
There is no access underneath the DDuM ‘bridge’ to the Courtyard. This access will remain closed until the work is complete – sometime in 2020.
The post box has now been moved to Car Park B near the bike shelters and security/information/post building and is back in use.
The zone near the Lower Stannary is now strictly no parking. It is being kept free for construction site access and deliveries.
Please remember to allow for extra time to get to certain areas.
Click here for a suggested accessible route from the Stella Turk/AIR side of campus to the Falmouth Business School/Sports Centre side. NB the door to FTI/Falmouth Business School is not yet push button operated but we hope this work will be complete by the end of October (2019).
We are working closely with academics and other building users who will be most affected by the noise and disruption and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Click here (below) for a trip through the new social study space:
Click here (below) to have a stroll through the new academic area:
If you have any queries or would like further information at any point please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of FAQs which follows consultation with students, click here.
For the history of Future Spaces see documents below.
· A new canopy will be fixed to the link in the Future Spaces academic space from Tuesday, 21 January. There will be a temporary barrier erected to protect the area outside the top doors to the Exchange building. There will also be noise while the roofing sheets are fixed to the frame. This work is expected to be complete by Tuesday, 4 February.