During and After Your Event - Measures to consider and Implement
- Require attendees to use hand sanitiser or wash hands upon entry and exit of your venue, exit of bathrooms, after disposing of waste, and after consuming food.
- Event goers should cover their nose and mouth with an approved face cover when around others. Unless stated otherwise by local regulations, exceptions are for children under two, persons with breathing issues, or someone who is unconscious/incapacitated or unable to remove their face cover independently.
- Per physical distancing guidelines, event goers should stay at least two metres (or adjusting per up-to-date guidance from local authorities and public health officials) from one another, even if they are wearing face coverings.
- Remind event goers not to touch their eyes, nose or mouth.
- Require individuals with visible COVID-19 symptoms, such as a cough, to leave the event immediately, review reporting requirements, and re-assess risk of continuing the event.
- Provide culturally appropriate messages and materials to prohibit certain actions like handshakes or high-fives that are common at many events but could facilitate the spread of COVID-19.
- When not wearing a recommended face cover, event goers should cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbow, not touch their face, and should then wash their hands.
- Use a dedicated method to collect the names, numbers and email addresses of all attendees for TRACK and TRACE.
- Designate and denote a location to isolate event goers and/or staff who demonstrate signs or symptoms of COVID-19 — and a staff member who will respond to ill attendee concerns.
- If an event goer displays symptoms, separate the event goers from others until they can go home, contact local health officials, communicate potential exposure to staff and eventgoers, and clean and disinfect the event space.
- Use a contactless method for exchanging or verifying items like tickets or identification, and for accepting
- payments at the event.
- To the extent possible, screen event goers for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Poster providing instructions on proper handwashing at handwashing stations (at least 20 seconds in accordance with Government/WHO guidance) will in place in each building
MEASURES TO IMPLEMENT AFTER YOUR EVENT
- TRACK AND TRACE - If an event goer displayed symptoms at the event, communicate potential exposure to the venue owner (if applicable), public health officials, staff and eventgoers, and clean and disinfect the event space.