Falmouth Exeter Plus Health and Safety Standard - Pets and Domestic Animals on Penryn Campus
Date of approval: January 2015
Expiry date: January 2018
Author and lead: Damian Prisk, Health and Safety Adviser, Falmouth Exeter Plus
Aims: The purpose of these guidelines is to protect the campus community from hazards associated with or caused by pets and domestic animals.
- Scope: This Standard applies to the Penryn Campus, including Glasney Village.
- Relevant Legislation: Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 (Dog Control Orders)
- Responsibility for implementation: Estates
- Definitions: ‘Domestic animal’ means an animal of a species of vertebrates that has been domesticated by humans so as to live and breed in a tame condition and depend on humankind for survival.
- ‘Pet’is an animal kept primarily for a person's company or protection.