Falmouth Exeter Plus Safety Standard - Smoking
Date of approval: January 2015
Expiry date: January 2018
Author and lead: Damian Prisk, Health and Safety Adviser, Falmouth Exeter Plus
This standard sets out Falmouth Exeter Plus (FX Plus) rules and arrangements for compliance with the Smoke-free Regulations (2007) introduced to address smoking at work and to control exposure to environmental tobacco smoke whilst at work.
- FX Plus is committed to complying with the Smoke-free (Premises and Enforcement) Regulations and associated Regulations introduced on the 1st July 2007.
- This Smoking Standard also applies to the use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes).
- To avoid confusion on interpretation and enforcement of the Smoking Standard, e-cigarettes will be treated as cigarettes under this standard.
- Further information on the developments of the regulation of e-cigarettes: BMA
- The overarching aim of this standard is to encourage a sensible approach to smoking and to accommodate the views of both smokers and non-smokers. However, it is recognised that smoking is detrimental to health and FX Plus and its University partners will continue to promote the culture of a smoke free campus.