University of Exeter
Falmouth University College

Police Security on Campus

Falmouth University and the University of Exeter works closely with the local police to ensure that the University campuses and surrounding areas are safe for the students.
These are your representatives (Helen Newton and Chris Braddon):


“My name is Helen, and I work for the Devon and Cornwall Police. I am the Neighbourhood Beat Manager for Penryn Town, and so also represent the Police at Falmouth University and the University of Exeter.

I started working with the Police as a Community Support Officer, before joining as a Constable.  I have spent periods of my career in Response Policing, as well as the Criminal Investigation Department (investigating serious and series crime), before diversifying into Community Policing, so there isn’t much that I either haven't seen or dealt with over the years.

I am assisted in my role by PCSO Chris Braddon, who was a Special Constable before becoming a Community Support Officer, so is highly experienced and approachable.  Chris has the responsibility for much of the day to day engagement with Penryn Campus, and would be very happy to receive contact or assist should you have any Police related concerns. 

By working closely in partnership with the campuses Security staff, I believe we are making a big difference to the safety and security of the students both on and off site.  Over the coming years we hope to implement new initiatives to help improve the safety and security of staff and students at the University as it continues to expand. 

I’m available to provide help and advice on policing and crime issues that affect you personally. My aim is to help create a safe environment for all who live and work within the university and the wider community. My role is to provide a visible presence while patrolling on foot allowing accessibility and approachability in addition to providing crime prevention and personal safety advice throughout the year to help to keep students safe whilst living, studying and working in Falmouth and Penryn.”  

Contact details:

Telephone: 101/999