FX Plus is working in partnership with Devon and Cornwall Police to ensure the security of students and staff bicycles. Students and staff have the opportunity to have the personal cycles marked with security provided by BikeRegister.
BikeRegister is the UK’s leading online bicycle identification and registration initiative aiming to reduce cycle theft, identify stolen bikes and assist in owner recovery. It is the preferred marking product of the Met Police's Cycle Task Force and is currently being used by every UK Police Force.
The cost to the students and staff is zero as the University and the Police are subsidising this.
This kit holds the Police Approved 'Secured By Design' badge and consists of:
1. Permanent, visible etched mark on the frame of the bike
2. A BikeRegister warning label
3. Lifetime registration on our Police Approved database
4. A logbook printed off for the owner’s account on BikeRegister website
5. A secure online account where owners can amend bike or address details