Just want to talk?
If you just need a safe space to talk, we have a service called ‘Time to Talk’. Book a ‘Time to Talk’ session to discuss homesickness, relationship break ups, problems with house mates and feeling stressed with course work or exams.
Sessions are available as single appointments and should therefore not be used for regular or repeat bookings.
What is Time to talk?
The Time to Talk service is for students who do not need specialist support such as counselling, but would benefit from a structured opportunity to talk to someone and to have a safe space to do this.
How can I book on to a Time to Talk session?
To book a Time to Talk session, You will first need to log on to our Compass Online system. To do this:
1. Click on the following link: compassonline.fxplus.ac.uk.
2. When you reach the log in screen, you will need to enter your user name and password (these are the same as your University account).
3. When you have logged in, select “Book Appointment” from the available options.
4. Select ‘Time to Talk’ from the drop down category list.
5. Search for available appointments – you can choose appointments for today, the next week or the next month.
6. You will be presented with a list of available appointments showing time, date and location – select ‘book’ for the appointment you wish to book.
7. You will receive an email confirmation of the appointment to your university email account.
8. To review or edit your appointment – select ‘My Appointments’ at the top of the screen.
If you have any problems booking on to a Time to Talk session, please contact the Compass team on: 01326 370460 or email@example.com.
Who provides the time to talk service?
The time to talk service is provided by a range of Student Services staff. This includes members of the Compass and Multifaith Chaplaincy teams.
When and where will the sessions take place?
Sessions are available between 9-5, Monday to Friday during term-time.
If you would like to speak to one of our team out of term-time, please contact us on 01326 370460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions take place at Penryn, Falmouth and Truro campuses and are located within the Exchange or Chaplaincy buildings (or within the Knowledge Spa at Truro). Some appointments are also available via Skype.
When you book on for your appointment, the location for the appointments will be displayed against the available options.