In order to provide a secure service, the Wi-Fi connection across both the Falmouth and Penryn Campus’ is FXNET Secure. Network security is of paramount importance to Falmouth University and Falmouth Exeter Plus and the FXNET Secure WI-FI has been designed with security in mind.
As well as offering a more secure service, there are other benefits to using this WI-FI connection:
- A simple and quick connection process
- Less chance of service failure
- Improved performance
Initially, you will need to configure your device to access the FXNET Secure WI-FI. Once your device has been configured, all you need is your university username and password to connect. The relevant documentation to guide you through this configuration process is available to download below or from the service desk. The Service Desk team can also assist you to connect your device for the first time. Please do not hesitate to contact the Service Desk if you have any queries or concerns.
If you are a University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus staff member you can connect to the WI-FI connection called UoE Secure. You will require your username and password to connect.
If you are staying in Glasney Village or Tuke House, you can access the RESNET WI-FI. Information on how to connect to this is available to download below.
Eduroam allows you to connect to the WI-FI at another academic organisation using your campus username and password.
- Any user registered to use the network at the Penryn/Falmouth Campuses (All Falmouth students and staff, all University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus students and staff and all Falmouth Exeter Plus staff) can use eduroam at any other participating organisation.
- To connect to the eduroam service at the site you are visiting you must use your registered username followed by the realm name @falmouth.ac.uk or @exeter.ac.uk and your password.
(eg. If your Falmouth University username is jb123456 then your eduroam username will be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student at the University of Exeter and your username is ab### then your username will be email@example.com.
- Falmouth University users that are visiting another organisation must configure their equipment to access the eduroam SSID that should be detected automatically.
- Users must be aware of the obligation to obey the policies of JANET, your home organisation and the organisation which you are visiting.
- If you need assistance the IT department of the institution you are visiting should be able to get you connected to their eduroam WiFi network but for any other issues (eg Authentication failures, forgotten passwords etc) you must obtain support from your own IT Services department.